Saturday, April 5, 2014

Chocolate

The nice thing about my birthday, besides that I am still around to celebrate it, is that I get chocolate.  My friends are very health conscious, so a lot of the chocolate is dark.  That's the good stuff.  I don't get chocolate just because I whine or ask for it, though there is truth to that.  Lots of people ask for something and get zilch.  For some reason the people who give me chocolate like me.  Why they like me is a mystery.  If they really knew all my faults, my mess, then I think the chocolate treats would be no more.  Now God likes me, but that is God's job, or personality.  What is unique about God is that God knows all about me, even better than I know myself, and still likes me.  God feels the same way about you.  So I am a combination of mess and Gifts/talents from God's love.  We all are.  Come to think of it, I like some pretty messy friends!  Maybe my friends like me in spite of myself.  These are the best of friends…the ones that like us just as God does.

1 comment: