Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Judas

Some believers cut Judas a little slack.  They say he had a plan.  He did not intend for Jesus to be crucified.  Judas tried to set things up so that Jesus would finally resist his opposition and bring about a political and military solution to foreign occupiers.  So they say.  You may scoff, but are we not all Judas at one time or another.  He had a plan and tried to manipulate things to bring it about.  Trouble is he never consulted Jesus or got a second opinion.  Do we not at one time or another connive, manipulate and control things to get some result, our result?  We do not consult, get a second opinion or ask advice of those who are part of our plan.  The result is often a mess, our mess.  When you finally realize that there is a bit of a Judas in you, don't kill yourself or beat yourself up over it.  Enjoy God's unconditional forgiveness for  your idiocy.  An ego crush can be a good thing.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying looking at the familiar Scriptures from new angles - I like this one!
    Thanks for the reminder to get a second opinion on a plan - even the best laid plans...
    For yesterday, I have been off my Lenten routine, and somewhat ill as well, so I am as close to Bottom on Easter as I want to be - made a note to myself just an hour ago in transit to focus on healing: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual - I have the Tools, if I will just open the toolbox!
    I have been aware that I could really use a good sounding board/mirror now - meanwhile, more depth in journaling seems to be in order - sometimes a good idea doesn't look so good after some prayerful reflection...
    Blessings...tomfitz

    ReplyDelete