Wednesday, July 2, 2014

High Potency

I reach into the vitamin pill cabinet of the monastery kitchen to get some pills.  I like the ones that say "High Potency."  Nothing but the best for my body, heh!  Pill companies know we would never take a pill that said, "Mediocre Vitamin…".  We don't want mediocre for the body.  Why then do we accept mediocre for the soul?  Why feed the soul with mediocre prayer, if any at all, on a daily basis?  I asked myself that question when I took out the vitamin pills.  Had I given my soul a powerful dose of prayer yet that morning?  Or had I still ignored it, saying, "later."  Why do I deplete the soul/spirit, while focusing on the body.  Is it not all one?  To feed only part of me is to be malnourished on a daily basis.  I need "high potency" prayer on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment