Tuesday, July 29, 2014

People Forget

After I have been away awhile, there is a couple in my Boulder parish, who when they see me again, reintroduce themselves by name.  I find this refreshing and a great help to me.  Now I remember their names.  I know who they are from seeing and talking with them, but forgot the names.  Most people seem to assume I remember their name, even though we may not have talked for months.  Sometimes they even want to make an appointment, and assume I will write their name down in my appointment book.  The fact is, I and many others, forget names, and sometimes faces.  When I see some acquaintance, who I have not seen in some time, I always reintroduce myself.  I never assume people remember my name unless they are good friends.  It keeps me humble, and is very practical to boot.

1 comment: