Thursday, August 7, 2014

Being Married

I remember the several years in which I wanted to be married.  God had other plans, I guess, because I did not have sufficient social skills around girls/women to be seen as marriage material.  There was always another guy who better filled the bill for the woman.  So what's up God?  God decided, as best as I can figure it, to marry me.  Read the "Song of Songs" in the bible.  It is short.  God might have said, "Well Terry, you are not much, actually a mess, and I did not make you to be a mess." Seminary and early priesthood was a kind of courtship/marriage.  I was saying "Yes," but was not fully bonded or in sync. God was/is patient and worked on me over the years of my many "Yes-es" and somewhere in there we both got onto the same page.  That is when the marriage got a lot better.  I keep getting off God's page, but God has a way of getting me back on track.  I don't know anyone else who would have such patience, and forgiveness for me.  So I guess I married the right one.  Marriage theology says that you grow holy with and through your spouse.  I think that happens with God and me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment