Saturday, September 20, 2014

Friends Are Dying

One of the things people my age share is that friends and relatives are dying.  For the bullet proof young, I suggest that you not put off getting in touch with good friends and relatives.  "I should call."  "We should get together."  "I wonder how so and so is doing?"  Why let the bucket list of significant people get so long?  It is sad when someone tells me that they regret not having contacted an old friend/relative, sooner, who has since passed away.  What a sadness to find out that someone you cared about died, and no one told you.  Regrets are difficult and burdensome things to carry around when your friends are dying around you.  Why wait until people are dead to say nice things about them, since you cannot say nice things to them, their being dead and all.

1 comment:

  1. It can be so powerful to get a hold of somebody who does not expect to hear from you. Sometimes it is great and sometimes I get the "What do you want attitude ?" It gets harder to approach people as I get older but, warmer if they are open to it.

    ReplyDelete