Friday, October 17, 2014

Reincarnation

Someone asked me  about reincarnation.  Here is my take on it.  Personally, I don't want to come back and have to be a teenager again or an adolescent for that matter.  Too much stress, anxiety, uncertainty and busyness.  I believe that when I die the energy that made up Terry Ryan is dispersed back into the universe to eventually be used to make something else.  My hope is that I lived a good enough life, that my energy has a lot of positive stuff about it, and so it is more available to make something of goodness.  I don't believe that it will make another Terry Ryan.  I am done and something of me has gone to the Great Mystery I call God.  What is it that goes to God?  Well, that might be another blog!

1 comment:

  1. I went through RCIA but was told by the director that I shouldn't convert to Catholicism because I believed in reincarnation. I still say the rosary prayers daily and meditate, but I don't go to mass anymore since I didn't convert. I really loved going to mass, and I miss it, although it wouldn't feel the same now, knowing that I'm not going to become a member.

    I've been a big fan of yours since your Julian of Norwich class (about five years ago). Your blog on reincarnation left me with a lot of questions.

    -Is it necessary to believe exactly what the Catholic church teaches about life after death in order to convert, or did I just get into an RCIA where that particular director held that opinion?
    -Do you think that your views about life after death represent the official Catholic teaching?
    -Do you think you'll have consciousness or retain any of your individuality or memories after you die?
    -Do you think you'll be with your loved ones and Jesus when you die?
    -Do you think baptism and taking communion are necessary or helpful in getting to heaven or wherever it was you were describing?

    FYI: I believe in the Catholic concept of purgatory. I just happen to also believe that earth can be a form of purgatory and reincarnation a way to purify the soul so that it belongs in heaven with God.

    I really value your opinion and would appreciate your insights. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete