Monday, November 3, 2014

A Phone Call

I recently walked into one of my spiritual reflection days.  There were two people there when I began.  They came.  I did the teaching for them.  But I thought afterwards that it is over for me.  This must be a sign that God wants me to return to the monastery and enter silence.  Teach no more.  Whatever I am doing is not attracting.  That afternoon, after the teaching, I got a phone call from friends in another city where I also live.  These two women missed me.  They are friends.  They want me to come back and not go to the monastery to silence.  It was a saving phone call.  I may not be bright enough, or interesting enough or topical enough but maybe I am "fun."  Fun is not bad.  It is one of those things you don't know you have.  Others have to reflect it to you.  I cannot tell you how to be fun, since I am not sure what it is. If you have this quality people have a way of letting you know just when you need to know.  It is a grace. "See Maureen.  I am not just a pest!"

5 comments:

  1. Father you live in a select part of life on earth. You have a great mind . I come to your teachings and can relate when you tie the past to the present. I am struggling with some tough news with someone who is precious to me. Need hope for her and some prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see you and Maureen together today. You would have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are wishing Maureen could come back to earth somehow and NOT that Fr. Terry join her in heaven. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, the picture was only in my own head, not location!

      Delete