Monday, November 17, 2014

Faith

I am reading a best seller about Jesus and his times, called, "Zealot."  It is a good way to become an Unitarian.  It will shake up people who don't know very much about their faith, but believe because they trust someone who told them it is the "true" faith.  They may have had good communal experiences in school of "being really Catholic."  They read narrowly.  They tended to believe what they read or heard based upon some authority they gave to the book or person.  "Zealot" will shake them up.  My faith is based upon none of the above.  I try to read widely and I have had an experience of Jesus that has moved me from within.  It is no longer based upon what some campus "zealot" told me or some proselytizing book told me that I bought into to feel safe, secure, and certain.  An adult faith can read this best seller and remain a believer.  My question is why is this a best seller?  It could be that a lot of people are still interested in Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment