Thursday, November 13, 2014

Saints

In my church we celebrate All Saints Day on November 1 and All Souls Day on November 2.  All Saints is for all the anonymous dead people who are in heaven.  They were not sufficiently well known to get canonized.  All Souls Day is for the dead people who are waiting to get into heaven.  There is no All Damned Day.  I guess they have no chance.  Anyway, I tend to pray to my sister Maureen on All Saints Day, rather than on All Souls Day.  I figure that she is in heaven.  Why? She had to put up with me for so long.  Being the rotten kid I am is not so bad.  I helped my sister build up patience, kindness, acceptance, and unconditional love for me.  These are qualities that get you into heaven.  You got any of them?  Now if I stay a rotten kid I could end up with no special day for people to pray for me.  There is no All Damned Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment