Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Power Outage

There is a Recovery Group that meets in one of our church rooms here in San Francisco in early morning. The previous night there was a lightening storm with power outage.  When the group arrived at the gate, it would not open.  No power.  They stood around in the rain.  Then they figured out another way to get into the room.  It was not the normal passage and the meeting began in darkness, which handicapped them since they read something to begin the meeting.  Cell phone lights went on.  These are high tech recovering drunks.  They had their meeting.  I think of prayer.  I have my usual passage into prayer and connection with God.  What happens when I feel no connect?  Complain?  Power outage in my soul?  No.  There is always a way to God, but sometimes I must be willing to venture a new way, and feel in darkness.  God never goes away.  But my Way does sometimes go away.

1 comment:

  1. I went to a talk at CU last night. It was on well being is a skill using meditation.It was joined with professors from Naropa and the Harvard trained prof-Richard Davidson-University of Wisconsin . He heads the department of Investigating Healthy Minds. Point being lots of talk on the comtemplative experience.

    ReplyDelete