Saturday, December 20, 2014

Power Outage

For the second time this year I cannot get out of San Francisco because of weather.  We are having an all day of rain and some wind.  Growing up in New York City, I have seen this before and life went on with wearing boots and having umbrella or rain slicker.  We were tough.  Out here is Wimp City.  Everyone forgot how rain is because it never rains in California, or hardly ever.  Big drought time here.  Anyway, schools close, power goes out in my neighborhood which includes shopping and skyscrapers.  Stop lights don't work.  Some places it is flooding which is cause for worry.  But around here, no flooding. Our rectory has been without power all day.  So I sat and meditated.  I found a power to love me and warm me in my otherwise cold room.  Then I went out for a walk in the rain.  I am tough…and holy.  Or do I have wet brain?

3 comments:

  1. Wet feet for sure. A bit more than a few drops of rain, I'm thinking. Don"t they call high wind a Gale in NY? Out here in the west, we call the wind Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That will teach you for trying to leave "The city by the bay". Looks like you're supposed to stay. ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you doing back there again ? Do we have to send the mule train. You need to get back here and dry off.

    ReplyDelete