Monday, January 19, 2015

Smart Phone Recovery Group

I am thinking of starting a smart phone recovery group since I just got my first smart phone.  Now I see why all those young people spend so much time on their devices.  I am getting hooked myself and spending way too much time on this gadget seeing what this and that does.  I would try and base my group on the twelve steps.  I am powerless to put this thing down.  My life is getting out of hand, unmanageable.  Step two is where there is a problem.  See, Steve Jobs was not supposed to get into heaven.  He did not go to the right church and keep all the rules.  He was always beyond the norm of rule.  But when Jobs got to the pearlly gates wearing his asbestos suit for the heat of where he was supposed to go, he quickly innovated and gave Peter an iPhone 6 Plus.  Peter, being the first Pope and resistent to change, just gave it to God who has big hands and could easily handle the 6 Plus.  God so liked the phone that Jobs got a bump and is now up in heaven with the angels.  However, the downside for my second step in recovery is that God is no longer available for helping me.  God is busy on the iPhone.  So, if you are not getting your prayers answered, you now know why!

3 comments:

  1. Do you have a smart phone or an i-phone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of mine, not so much as a phone - but more as a computer gone small. I used to have to drag a laptop and a bunch of accessories when I traveled. Now I just take my phone. If I want to watch movies on the plane, I might take a tablet, but it's not really necessary. My phone does everything. I love it. It is the one object I would save from a fire.

    ReplyDelete