Saturday, January 3, 2015

Wrong Night

I was invited to a family's home for dinner.  I showed up on the wrong night.  But in some important way, it was the right night.  They were all at home on the wrong night, but they were just being themselves, making Christmas cookies and looking their normal everyday selves. We made homemade pizza.  I did not ask what I missed by coming on the wrong night.  I enjoyed making my pizza.  The daughters are introverts like me, but the night was effortless. When people come to church they can get all dressed up, put on their best selves.  It can be the same when they invite Father over for dinner if they have never done it before.  But on this night I got to just be with a family as they are and enjoyed them.  Thank God they were not all in their jammies!

1 comment: