Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Judgments

I know a fellow who, when he describes meeting another person or groups of people, he always seems to include some disparaging remark about them, or some imperfection, or simply some common human shortcoming.  I call this, "Taking someone's name in vain."  It is one of the commandments about what not to do with God's name.  A person's name is sacred and unique to that person.  So I am trying to be sure that when I speak about another person, I do not point out some imperfection.  I am imperfect.  We all are.  If it makes me feel better to put someone down, then I will be the worse for it.  I have enough to deal with my own faults.  I try to look for the pluses in others.  It makes for a better day.

2 comments:

  1. I try and keep any disparaging remarks to myself. Otherwise I call what you described as gossip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this valuable reminder!

    ReplyDelete