Saturday, March 28, 2015

Service

Today is my birthday and a Saturday, a day I could goof off from work and just play.  But I am working all Saturday morning and glad that I am doing so.  God gave me the gift of another day and year for some reason.  I think it is to be of service to others, to offer what I can.  To be seventy two is a gift.  Use the gift.  I don't want to "retire," whatever that is for a priest.  I am grateful that I have something to do and a place to work.  Now if no one shows up for my talk this morning it might be God's way of saying, "Retire.  You are out of gifts."  I hope not.  Even if I am low in content, Lord, I can still be pretty entertaining.  I better pray for content!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 72nd Birthday! I hope it's filled with lots of warm wishes and a delicious piece of chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Fr. Terry! Even on your birthday you manage to give us words of wisdom! I hope that everyone who came to your talk this morning was wearing a birthday hat and carrying a chocolate cake!

    ReplyDelete