Saturday, April 11, 2015

Day Two

My catheter and I are getting to know one another and I am figuring out how to be hands free while moving around.  When there is burning, I pray for death, but God has decided there are no options at that time.  So I am still around.  I sleep OK with my happy pills and whatever seems to be happening in the healing process bothers no medical person, so I feel I am on track for better times.  Today is First Holy Communion for our parish children and I will have to miss it.  Attention should be focused on them.  I am not quite ready for altar activities.  My sister and I are eating quite well at home, though no one has come up with the New York Crumb Cake.  I guess that is simply my desire and not part of the healing plan.  Thank you all for your prayers.  They must be helping because terrible complications are not yet happening.  I was going to try to go for a run today, but with this bag attached to me...that would be wrong.  Who says I am addicted to running?

1 comment:

  1. You need to give your aging body time to heal so you can return to running like before. Remember your P.T.

    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete