Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Grace Or Magic?

A couple of Saturdays ago I gave one of my teachings here at the local Boulder parish.  It was based upon the work of Aelred of Rivaulx.  Who is he?  Well, that was my job, to say who and why he is important.  I had some ideas of what I wanted to say, but not sure how it would come out.  I ended up talking about contemplation an sex.  It was more than that, but the point is it all came out so well.  I don't know how I came up with the things I said.  It just flowed.  I was on fire.  Where did it come from I ask myself later?  It seemed like magic, but I know it is grace.  I do not have a big ego over the talk.  It was what God wanted, I think.  It is Grace at work through me.  I happened on my birthday which made it all the more special for me.  You don't have to be brilliant or have a degree.  Do your best prep in whatever your field.  Trust God is at work and then share what you have.  When Grace is at work, we are so much more than we think.  We are moving toward all God made us to be...rivers of his grace, watering thirsty hearts and a few minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment