Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mousse Cake

A lovely parishioner made me a to die for chocolate mousse pie.  It was very rich so one had to eat it in small pieces.  I had a piece and so did the pastor and a couple of office staff.  There was about half of the pie left and I lifted it up on its plate to take it to my birthday party, to share.  The cake fell on our kitchen floor and into the dining room.  Now, do I tell the woman who made the pie that I spilled half of it onto the floor?  That would be the truth.  But what if she got upset and never made me another pie?  That would be bad for me.  Tell the truth and pay the consequences.  Or, do I lie and say I enjoyed the whole pie.  Then I lie, but avoid consequences and maybe get another pie.  What would you do?  Peter lied, denied Jesus, and avoided consequences.  I am supposed to be a follower of Jesus.  There are the Ten Commandments too.  So, I guess I might have seen my last chocolate mousse pie to die for.  Is that what dying to self means?

No comments:

Post a Comment