Friday, April 10, 2015

Post Op

I survived the first night in my own bed.  Pain pills seems to make me drossy which is OK.  I went for a walk in downtown Boulder in shorts with colonoscopy bag in a shopping bag and tube dangling.  No one seemed to take notice.  This is Boulder and many strange looking people walk around here so I seem to fit in just fine on the Pearl Street Mall.  My sister Jane and my nurse friend Patti, are a great help.  I could not have navigated by myself.  I was asleep for surgery but no one seemed alarmed at the amount of blood I see around and it is all mine.  I don't know what recovery is supposed to look like but as soon as I run out of blood I think "things" will be clearer.  I am going for a short nap now, lunch and then another walk.  I fear getting fat.

2 comments:

  1. You....FAT?????
    If I didn't know better I would think this was a 17 year old girl writing this blog....
    Continue resting, sleeping,giving your body a good chance to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you need more veggies going through the drainage pipe. You could gain 20 pounds and look robust. I sure hope you give up this skinny theory as I do not know anyone who it becomes. I say this as I care about you and your handsomest will be enhanced with a few pounds.

    ReplyDelete