Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Accents

I had an email problem.  I called for support,  India answered.  Over the years I have made my peace with accents on the telephone.  I used to get upset that I could not understand what the helper was saying.  Part of this was that I was overwhelmed by the technology.  Part of it is accents.  The support person is courteous and doing the best that they can.  They do have the answers.  I need to let go of the fear energy, the feeling stupid energy, and be patient.  If I am kind, patient, and calm, something good will work out.  The problem gets solved, though it may take time, and usually happens when I am supposed to be somewhere else doing something else.  I have come to think that email problems are God's way of showing me my faults and teaching me better behavior.  I wonder what the tech support person says to coworkers after they get off the phone with me?  Maybe I don't want to know.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I did say to the fellow in India that it was my problem that I had trouble understanding him. He said that we would take it slowly and it all worked out. I find that now praying like I did when I was a kid is working again. So many changes and I am still surprised when people treat like I am too old to get it. Like they speak louder. My math teacher tried that and it didn't work. Should I holler back at them or just smile and say a prayer? I do have 3 degrees. Old degrees.

    ReplyDelete