Monday, May 18, 2015

AOL

The younger generation of techies are showing compassion rather than judgment.  AOL is being bought by Verizon.  I am an AOL customer and an active one.  Some young people were interviewed by a radio station about their AOL accounts, which they had forgotten they even had.  I guess young techies have moved on.  But I was gratified when they said that we who still had and used and payed for AOL were simply "older" people.  This is a fact in my case, not a judgment.  The techie did not say we are "stupid" or "uneducated."  We are just old.  Now if you are young and using AOL, you might have a real problem.  Being old we can be frightened to change and this is OK.  See, youth and old technology don't go well together or so the techie seems to imply.  I try not to judge elderly people in their prayer style and habits.  It is the way they connect to the Divine, just like I connect with AOL.  Does God do email?

No comments:

Post a Comment