Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Check Up

I went to the Doctor's office for a test to see how I was recovering from my surgery.  I did OK but found out that I am not so completely healed as I thought.  I feel good, so I must be all healed up.  Time to run my brains out, lift, cycle and so on.  NO!  The healing will continue and I will continue to improve for several months.  I have done well because I drank lots of water, walked, got my zzz and did not overdo anything.  I was told yesterday that I could resume my running but do half of what I had planned.  Do too much and I could bleed.  Running puts pressure on the bladder, so be conservative.  Maybe I could do two workouts a day to catch up, but only do a half of each workout.  What do you think?  Just looking for a second opinion from my readers.

2 comments:

  1. I always feel like I say too much to you. NO. take it easy. the running compulsion could be tempered with some bridge or just walking. All your colorful tennis shoes could still be used and things could stay in place inside your bod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy. Follow orders. I have been in your position where I want to get back on track NOW and when I followed my desires instead of the doctor's orders, I ended up loosing a whole year of training. My recovery was reversed and my physical condition got worse than if I had just gone slow like the doc said.

    Sometimes we have to follow instead of lead.

    ReplyDelete