Saturday, May 16, 2015

Disclosure

My invoice from my cell phone provider seems to go up a few cents each month.  So I decided to check out my bill online.  I saw the following:
1G for $30
2G for $40
I have 1G for $40
Say what?  The G stands for gigabit.  I went to the local store of my provider here in San Francisco.  The customer service person looked at my invoice on her pad and said yes, I have 1G for $40.  So I showed her the invoice as I have it on my cellphone.  Then she said, "Oh yes, we are having a promotion."  I asked myself why this was not mentioned.  I then asked her, " Can I get this 1G for $30 instead of paying $40?"  She said yes and changed my contract.  She said, "We just cannot get in touch with all our customers and tell them about this.  It is a promo for new customers."  But I could get on it none the less.  It is an example to me of how the service business is shrinking away from serving the customer/client and serving instead the corporate bottom line.  I am in the service business too.  I have to keep in mind that the person in front of me is my primary concern.  How can I truly help them with their problem or question.  Jesus did not hold back.  He would never had been much good as a CEO in my cellphone provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment