Sunday, May 17, 2015

Enjoy

AsI was leaving the gym, I saw a notice on the door asking, "Did you enjoy your workout?"  I thought to myself, "Of course not."  If I enjoyed the workout it would not be a workout worth going to the gym.  Good workouts are about pain and suffering.  My workout was tough.  Then I got to thinking.  What if as you were leaving the house and a sign asked, "Did you enjoy your family, spouse, friend today?"  You might feel badly if you said they caused pain and suffering!  Success in much of our life is about enjoying the gifts given to us.  Is marriage pain and suffering on a daily basis?  Is my priesthood? Is school? So if I want some joy in other parts of my life to make me feel that I am living them well, why not my time in the gym?  My coach says to enjoy my running.  Maybe he is right?  I am gifted to be able to run at all.  Enjoy the time I have.  Enjoy the people in my life.  I look forward to my next visit to the gym.  Well, maybe a little suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment