Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Thoughts

Most bad behavior begins with a thought.  I may be going along just fine and serene and suddenly, something happens.  I have a thought about it.  I don't like what just happened for whatever reason or maybe no reason at all.  If I am going to continue with my good day, I note the thought but don't act on it.  Usually, I act on it.  I complain, whine, get angry and/or gossip.  Sometimes, nothing at all seems to be happening out there in my world, but I still have a thought, seemingly from nowhere.  It is probably from some childhood trauma or past event about which I have forgotten.  But something in me has not forgotten.  Anyway, the thought seems inviting.  To continue with my good day, I have to note the thought as a trick or temptation that looks good but is not.  Then do some things to get rid of it or at least its power to control my actions.  At times, being weak, I entertain the thought.  I got no chance to resist at this point.  I have learned to not be alone when dissembling thoughts come to mind.  Pray or call someone.  Anyway, it works for me.  My guess is that a lot of unhelpful thoughts come as a signal of feeling lonely.  Just a guess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment