Monday, November 9, 2015

Fear Blockage

I went to the local bus terminal to catch a bus to the airport.  It leaves once every hour.  There is an announcement over the loudspeaker when the bus is ready for boarding.  I looked out and saw no driver, nor were the luggage bins open.  So I went to the bathroom.  When I came out the bus was gone.  No announcement.  Nothing.  I panicked with fear.  I went to a nearby hotel hoping there was a shuttle.  No shuttle.  I will miss my plane.  My life is ruined.  There was a simple answer but fear blocked it out.  Someone had a car.  We could have chased down the bus which has several stops before it hits the highway.  This never occurred to me until I was sitting at the airport and my heart settled down.  Fear always seems to trump brain functioning.  A friend, now a saint in my book, drove me to the airport.  Even in my fear, God was with me.  I give God credit when good things happen, like a friend coming to take me in my panic to the airport.  All Saints Day my friend is on my list of saints.

No comments:

Post a Comment