Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Strength

If you don't care much for the term "God" because you don't believe in a god or have bad vibes about your god, why not try using the term "My Strength."  I use this term myself sometimes.  I know that left to my own unaided strength, I will not do very well.  I need some strength that I do not innately have.  I need help.  When I meditate, I often sense, for part of the meditation, that I am connecting with some "Strength."  I then feel better able to withstand temptations that go in the wrong direction, and to do what I know to be better for me.  When I fail to attend to my inner life I mess up that very day.  You don't have to have "faith" that there is something out there.  Rather have faith that if you give yourself to some silence and solitude, you might experience a better day or at least be able to put up with "stuff" that comes along.  I have found it so.

1 comment:

  1. The "stuff" for me today is Macabees. If you change the Jews to Muslims, is there much difference centuries later? This is the "stuff" the Church wants us to read today? Why?

    ReplyDelete