Saturday, November 14, 2015

Smart And Silly

It is a gift in my life to have smart friends who do silly things.  I have a friend who is an accountant, has her own business.  She is really smart.  Sometimes she does silly things, like wipe all the data off her computer.  I am sad for her, but this gives me some hope about myself.  When I do silly things, and the list is long, I put myself down as being stupid.  I do silly things because I am stupid and less than.  A general mess of a person.  But if my smart friends do silly things, then maybe I am smart too?  I have no perfect friends.  That would be too depressing.  A lot of people want perfect friends.  So they avoid me.  I like my friends who do silly things.  Don't hide your silliness.  You do not know who it will benefit that day.  So many people want perfect priests and have little use for me.  My friends sustain me.  Maybe I should stop writing about my silliness in my blog so that more Catholics will like me?

1 comment: