Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Bottom Half

You hear about people who are at the top third or half of their class.  You never hear about the other two thirds or bottom half.  There cannot be a top third without a bottom two thirds.  I always fulfilled the need for a bottom two thirds and sometimes a bottom half.  I was average in school.  Someone has to be this, otherwise how do you get "top" students.  So don't put yourself down if you are like me.  We had a purpose in school with our average grades.  Maybe school, or the subjects we had to study, were not the place for us to shine.  Growing up, becoming a good person, even transformed, is a lot about grace and a hard work that never seems to get graded.  Look around.  If goodness and kindness, compassion and love could be graded, you might be a top grade student of these virtues.  There are a lot of school smart people who are not very nice to say the least.  I grab all the grace I can get because I know I need it.  Nothing came easy to me.  This might have been a gift only lately appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment